My sportive goals for 2014
2013 is coming to an end. At the moment I am fully enjoying the off-season with lots of strength training and no specific goals with my swim workouts. Just train, eat, sleep and recover and getting stronger every day.
I have completed my goal for 2013 to run a half marathon. Due to my 5 months in Brighton, couldn´t properly train for a triathlon so that is what I want to pick up in 2014 with some additional swimming and running events. My agenda for 2014 will most likely look like this:
- Groet uit Schoorl run – 21 km – 9 February 2014
- Mud Masters – 12 km or 18 km – 9 March 2014
- Almaar city run – 10 km – 28 May 2014
- Dam tot Damloop – 16 km – 21 September 2014
- Amsterdam marathon – 42 km – 19/10/2014
- Ronde van Noord-Holland – 160 km – 19 April 2013
- Amsterdam city swim – 2 km – 7 September 2014
- Triathlon Heerhugowaard – 0,5km/18km/5km – 4 June 2014
- Triathlon Langedijk – 0,5km/22km/5km – 16 June 2014
- Triathlon Anna Paulowna – 1 km/40km/10km – 23 August 2014
There can be a few changes and switches with some events, but this is the overall picture on how I want to plan this. My A races this season are going to be a quarter distance Ironman (Olympic distance triathlon) and a new shot at the Amsterdam marathon.
What are your goals for 2014?
This article has been written by Erik Brandsma, a triathlete from the Netherlands with a dream to finish the Ironman World Championships in Kona-Hawaii.